Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pigtails!

I had short hair as a kid.  Really short - it suited my tomboy attitude.  I didn't grow it out until I was in my 20s.  Now I'm a ponytail kind of girl; I can do a basic braid, but nothing fancy.  My friends rarely see me with my hair down, literally.

Yesterday was my semi-annual haircut to lop off three or four inches.  The hairdresser asked if I wanted it blow dried or braided.  Oh!  Braid it!  Then she gave me an unexpected choice:  one or two braids.  Two?  I could have two?  Yes, she told me.  Pigtails, just like a little kid.

And I felt like a little girl when she was done.  I even squeed when I got in the car.  Whee!  I've tried doing braids like this before, but they end up so wonky I pull them out.  These were cute.

Yeah, the little things in life make me happy.


2 comments :

  1. Here's to the little things in life! Love your two braids :) Maybe I need to ask for some next time I get some length lopped off, because I ceratinly have never mastered them.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************