Friday, January 30, 2015

Scrappy Fleece Projects

I recently decided to replace Cannoli and Boadicea's fleece hay rack.  As I dug through my pile of fleece scraps, I figured I could make a few other items for the pigs.  We're down a hammock since Noli snipped most of the seams from one of them.  And I've been wanting to make little pig pillows since I saw this post on Cali Cavy Collective.

The new hay rack is a little smaller than others I've made.  I didn't pay attention and cut the straps along the non-stretchy grain of the fleece, which makes stuffing it with hay a bit more difficult.  I may need to make note of that in the instructions.

I think the hammock looks great.  The flamingo fleece was very thin, so I added a layer of batting to give the hammock a bit more padding.  I'm happy with the pillows, although I'm not sure how popular they will be.  I put the flamingo pillow in the cage last week.  It has traveled around the cage but I haven't seen any pig snuggled up with it.  I guess I'll give it some time and see what happens.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************