Monday, January 12, 2015

Water Bottle Label

I don't blog about it often, but I am a regular contra dancer.  We were recently reminded to label our water bottles, since so many of them look the same.  A piece of masking tape and a magic marker would have been quick and easy.  Boring.  Overkill is more fun.  Many of my projects are so practical.  This label was an excuse to be creative just for the hell of it.

Originally I had plans to paper-piece the label (I did say overkill, right?).  But when I got around to making it I got lazy.  I grabbed some scrap fabric, cut out the letters to my name and appliquéd them to a plain background.  Lots of hand stitching, but it was an enjoyable way to spend a few evenings.

The label ended up much larger than I had intended.  Good grief, it's almost the size of the bottle!  It looks a little silly.  On the other hand, no one is going to mistake my water bottle for theirs.  And if it ever lands in lost-and-found, they'll know exactly who it belongs to.  I can live with that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************