Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Throw Pillow Two

Finished!  Now I have two bright and cheery pillows to replace my old faded ones.

The patterns on both sides of this pillow were outlined in white.  So I bound this pillow in white, rather than just sewing the two sides together.  I really like how it looks.

Hand stitching the last bit of binding in place was tricky with the pillow stuffed in there.  I did a great job - I can't tell which edge had the opening in it!  All of the binding corners are sharp, too.  How did I manage that?  I never get sharp corners.

Not much quilting on this pillow.  I simply added some radiating lines on the squares.  I didn't want any quilting to cross the white.  All I needed was enough to tack the batting and add a little interest to the top.

I'm linking with Freemotion on the River's Linky Tuesday.


2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous job Sally! Ah the elusive perfect corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pillows are gorgeous! Yay for perfect corners :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************