Thursday, March 23, 2017

I Like Thursday: Fabric

I went fabric shopping over the weekend at Ryco's.  They're located in an old mill building in Lincoln, RI.  I forgot  how I stumbled across them in the first place, but I'm glad I did.

I like the people at Ryco.  They're nice people and help me out with whatever I'm working on. 

I like what I purchased!  Aren't they pretty?  I know I've eyeballed the orange scroll fabric before - it was finally at a price I couldn't say no to.  The tea (coffee?) mugs caught my eye.  I seem to be gathering more golds, browns and neutrals in my stash.

I really like the whimsical boats.  I wanted them as a backing on my current quilt (the main reason for my trip).  I was convinced a fishy fabric (not pictured here) went better with the quilt, but I just had to have those boats.  I have no idea what I'll use it in, but it's mine, all mine!

I like ironing.  Crazy, right?  After I wash new fabric, it's soothing to feel the fabric and watch the wrinkles disappear.  Smooth, wonderful stuff - just think what I could do with it!

I like the colors.  My stash is still really small - jams into one dresser drawer.  Even with that small amount, I like when I pull it out and admire the colors and prints.

I like the texture.  I used inexpensive fabrics when I first began quilting.  I've learned it's worth purchasing good quality material.  It looks better, feels better, the weight, the drape.

And lastly I like to dream.  Because now that I have this fabric, I need to use it in something.  Hmm... what could I make with that?

Be sure to check out the other I Like Thursday posts over at Not Afraid of Color.

3 comments :

  1. There are exciting possibilities and potential with new fabrics! I like the boats one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo I likeee
    Letting your mind blur, thinking and imagining the possibilities is an exercise of itself. Your mind is building muscles

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a little fabric fondling! I liked all your likes this week!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************