Thursday, January 18, 2018

I Like Thursday: Ups, Downs, Arounds

It's been a flaky week.  Work has been strenuous.  I've spent time straightening up the sewing room.  It's the thing I do as I move from one project to another.  Prepping for a busy weekend and another busy week.  Whew.  But for now, it's time to relax and enjoy the things I like.

Before and after patches on the Drapes of Doom
I like that my rogue missing order of tea finally arrived!  Yay!

I liked taking photographs at the library (in case you didn't see the final photos of Mom's quilt).

I like that I have a home for Lighthearted Love.  I decided to give it to the library for fundraising.

I like progress on the Drapes.  Work has left me wiped out each evening, so I haven't made as much headway as planned.  But one down, twelve to go.  First drape was a learning curve with a new way of patching, but I think I've got the hang of it.

I like trying out new things - like ironing together my batting scraps.  Doesn't require pulling out my other machine to do zig-zag (just need to finish writing the post).

I like that I've started walking again.  It's been a very blobby few weeks.  The weather hasn't helped.  But I need to get moving again!

I'm heading over to Not Afraid of Color to see what good things other's have seen/done this week.  Check it out!


9 comments :

  1. Oh my, your mom's quilt is beautiful. Love this pattern. Here's hoping next week is a little less "flaky" and you get to do things that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    Looking forward to seeing that post about ironing batting together! Oh, and those drapes. The are still hanging over your head, so to speak. I'll bet you'll be glad to finish the remaining 12. And oh to be able to walk without pain - I would love to do that and hope to regain that after a little surgery. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy vey the curtains...just the thought of wrestling those makes me tired. I too have been feeling blobby.....I have been trying to keep moving. It is tough in the house. I mean you can only walk around your kitchen island so many times before you get kind of dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough walking in these parts, also. Poor Piper gets her hopes up every time I pick up the car keys, but it's just not do-able to get into the woods where we usually go, due to a combination of flooding and ice. On the sewing front, I've been contemplating looking for a heavy drapery-type thing to be used as an occasional room divider...I think this idea is directly related to you and your massive Drape Rehab project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So batting scraps can be ironed together? I didn't know that. Good luck with handling heavy drapes and I second the get moving thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I butt batting together and sew with a zigzag. Drapes?? Very heavy to make! Walk, walk, walk, come walk with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to try ironing batting scraps together, too - with the fusible tape. It will be a new experiment! Lighthearted Love is an amazing quilt - I am sure it will be a great money raiser for your library!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great likes this week! I love your heart quilt! It's wonderful! I am so impressed that you are making drapes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your drapes! I need to do something with the patio doors. But I get so bored with the Looooog seams.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************