Sunday, December 9, 2018

Strip Twist Backing

I had this quilt all planned out and it still took on a life of its own.  I was all set with a nice, simple, single seamed backing.  But nope!  When I purchased this gold fabric I knew some of it would end up in the quilt.  I had looked forward to hanging onto a yard or two.  Turns out the whole piece was destined for this quilt; it complements the rust backing perfectly.  I shall have to be satisfied with a few tiny scraps.

That backing is well worth my loss.

The front of the strip twist is done with borders and the binding is ready.  I have until I finish clipping threads and sandwiching the quilt to pick one of three quilting designs I like.  I hope to be quilting by Monday.

Sharing with Freemotion by the River's Linky Tuesday.


5 comments :

  1. Gorgeous backing! I'm always torn between taking the time to piece a cool backing, and just being DONE with the quilt already! Looks like you chose wisely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite an amazing backing! This quilt is going to be double-sided (or maybe reversible is what I really mean), I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! What a beautiful backing. I usually take the easy way out with a backing that is larger than the front quilt top - I rarely even seam them. This will make a lovely reversible quilt, like Diann mentioned. Happy Happy Tuesday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************