Friday, August 23, 2019

Finally a Finished Flimsy

The plan had been to spend Friday pinning the sandwich together.  Well, that fell through due to the backing shrinking too much when it was washed.  So I'm glad I washed it before quilting!  But I wish I had bought an even longer piece.

Instead of basting and starting quilting this weekend, I will be adding 4-6 inches of something to the backing.  I have plenty of the border blue and extra of a lighter blue for the binding.  Or maybe something super scrappy from the variety of leftovers.

The blocks all sewed together so easily!  The borders went on without a hitch.  And it ironed so flat.  No easing or extra steam needed anywhere.  How nice!

Sharing with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict - Can I Get a Whoop-Whoop?


10 comments :

  1. Wow! Every time you made one of the pieces I was impressed, but now I see that this is one of those magical projects where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Sally! So glad it went together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly get a whoop whoop and a huge resounding applause from me, Sally. Your quilt is looking magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow and WOW! It's gorgeous! Such perfect colors! Magical and fascinating, I LOVE IT! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning quilt this is going to be when it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous!!! Good luck getting your backing ready.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis is truly beautiful. I can't believe the backing material shrunk. I don't usually think of that happening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I'm so glad I got to see this. What a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt. I made 4 new york beauty blocks. Thanks for the help. Now it is a New York Beauty looking sun.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************