Thursday, August 8, 2019

I Like Thursday: Returning to Normal

Every day is becoming a little more routine.  There's still so much to do, but it doesn't feel like we need it all done yesterday.

We've been walking in the mornings.  It's a hike up the hill - my hamstrings have finally stopped aching.  it must be a great workout!  On our second walk we were joined by Roxy.  She preferred to stay ahead of us, showing us the way.  We discovered her name halfway through the walk after running into a neighbor with three dogs of her own.  It was happy chaos! 

I have a table!  Well, we've always had this table.  I mean: one that we can eat upon!  It only took us three weeks to clear it off.  And look!  Quilts and pictures on the wall.  Oh, the happy little things we've accomplished.

Speaking of quilts - I'm working on my sister's quilt again.  Oh, huzzah!


This warning sign used to hang in the front window of the old place.  We decided it needed to be featured at the end of the driveway.  Somehow I don't think we'll scare anyone away...

That attack guinea pig's foot is looking better!  We went a day or two without bandaging it to give it some air.  Recheck is on Saturday.


I got this mug for my birthday (it has a tea strainer under the cover).  I like the colors and the dragons.  The seriously cool thing about it - my nephew could read the glyphs at the top.  It says:  Nine Dragon Picture/Painting.  So we counted the dragons on the mug and sure enough, there's nine of them!



I bought a quart of cucumbers last week.  Each time I leave a sliced one on the counter, it creates this ring of droplets around the edge.  I couldn't quite get my camera to focus on them properly, but they are these little globes that reflect their surroundings.  Very cool!  (heh - cool as a cucumber?)

As I'm writing this, I am enjoying the latest thunderstorm to rumble by.  It's so nice to have the windows open and a cool breeze.

And that's it for now!  There's more likes over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.

12 comments :

  1. Love the shot of Roxy with your shadows. Glad Mabel is doing better, and yes, I am not sure anyone is going to be put off by an "attack guinea pig"!! But they might wonder about the people who put up the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tea mug w/strainer--so pretty; looks like that is a good walk --and being enjoyed by all.
    thanks for sharing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! I'm glad to hear the update on favorite little one's foot. I like to give healing wounds air, too. Otherwise they seem kind of gooey. HAHA - cool as a cucumber! Oh to have the windows and doors open. Rumor has it we should have that tomorrow . . . I love that. Nice of Roxy to lead you on your walks, and that birthday mug is so cool. Even cooler that your nephew could read what it said!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. great capture on the water droplets! Ain't nature grand! Love your walking companion... dogs will form a pack so now you're in it. A clear tabletop... wow, that's rare around here. Great news on the attack pig's foot. There was some news blurb about a family stranded in denver with their pigs. Love the tea cup/strainer. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for empty table tops and things on the wall! I love friendly dogs that think they belong to the neighborhood - we have one on our street, too. And love that sign - funny! Glad to hear Mabel is healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is already tidier than mine.
    So glad to hear Mabel's tootsie is healing! I expect she'd like to celebrate with a little snack :)
    I have several cucumbers on the trellis, and plan to see if I can make cold cucumber soup with them. I had it once in a restaurant - Rudy's, in Boulder, about 35 years ago! - and still think of it fondly. Guess it's time to google.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're getting settled in again! Clean table and art on the walls definitely help someplace new feel good. That attack GP sign is hilarious. I actually guffawed when I read the small print. I'm not sure what I thought it was going to say, but it wasn't that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting settled. Love the beware of GP sign.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have been having evening thunderstorms too. Continued heat here.
    Loved this post...you are sounding more settled and I’m happy Mabel is feeling better. Clever nephew! I eat a lot of cucumber...versatile for dipping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool tea mug! Fun that Roxy was out there leading and protecting! Let the settling continue smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you're getting more settled in. I think the dogs are welcoming you to the neighborhood! So glad to hear Mabel is feeling better. I love the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear Mabel is healing! Nice walks in the area are always a benefit and the house looks great!!! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************