Monday, August 12, 2019

A Few Fixes

Standard quilting delays:  my sister's quilt top is not sewn together yet.  First, we had marked several quarter circles that needed more fabric around the edge to match the edges of the rest of the circle.  I had pattern pieces to enlarge smaller circles to the largest size, but I did not have one to resize the smallest to the middle size.  I decided I didn't want to do the small-to-middle.  I shuffled around the pieces and that required only these four pieces to be up-sized.  Nice!

Then I needed to rework a piece.  The upper right corner was originally light yellow rays on the leafy tan background.  There was not enough contrast to see the rays on the quilt. The whole piece stuck out when put with others.  I had no more of the leafy tan fabric.  I carefully ripped apart the block and replaced the yellow rays with brown.  I was thrilled I could get it reassembled and keep the leafy tan.

I then spent several hours over the next few days shuffling circles and backgrounds.  Oof.  I kept fighting with clumps of color and contrast.  By Friday night I got a layout I liked.  It still looked good on Saturday afternoon.  Success!  I have two blocks done, another 14 pinned and ready to go.  The rest need their backgrounds trimmed down to the correct size.   It's so nice to start truly assembling this.


2 comments :

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************