Thursday, September 3, 2020

I Like Thursday: Getting Stuff Done

My quilt is on the wall!

We got to use our laser level, which was wonderful to have, considering I had just busted our regular level.  D'oh!

We installed a garage door opener - that was an adventure (including mangling the level).  Took longer than we had anticipated, but it's done!

 


On top of that, we have a new washer!  I think Rob is a little concerned... I have a penchant for saying "Wow, you could fit a body in that!" when seeing large capacity appliances.  LOL  It is so quiet!  Yay!

 

 



Forgot to add this last week:  we now also have gutters in the back of the house.  Just in time for lots of rain.  Yay for rain - well over an inch and a half in a week.  Happy plants.  Well, except for the tomatoes that keep getting nibbled on....



Speaking of tomatoes - Rob sent me this, which made me chuckle.  I did get to harvest a few more for myself.

 

 

Although it was strange playing games on a screened porch with masks on, it was great to hang out briefly with my sister and nephew.  We played Azul and Timeline and I got my butt handed to me multiple times in Set.  I hope we get to do this again (even if I do get beaten).

Zoomed with one of my childhood friends earlier this week.  Lovely!  (And she also indicated she wants to quiltnap Ebb and Flow.)

A bit of slow stitching:  reattached a label to a quilt and have a complete row on my hexie crumb quilt stitched together.  

Oh - and it's September?!?


This month's calendar is the adorable pairing of Boadicea and Wedgwood.  They were cute!

Whew!  Am I forgetting anything?  I feel accomplished!  And wait!  There's more!  Check out Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday

 

 

12 comments :

  1. Oh your likes this week made me giggle. I have a laser level I purchased for machine quilting on my quilter. I have been contemplating installing a new garage door opener too. Maybe I am not quite up to it though. Sigh. Love your quilt, and your crumb hexies....how big are they? The comment about you could fit a body in it really made me chuckle. So if Rob ever comes up missing?????? Oh and when my girls were little one day I heard giggling. Ran down the hall, they had put the youngest in the dryer with some blankets and turned it on. She was none the worse for the experience....things you never imagine you have to tell your kids....don't put your sister in the dryer. Don't drive a train over your baby brother's head, don't put a crayon up your nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Crumb Hexies! Amazing! I’m interested in the binding/border/edge technique. Is it your idea? Is there a tutorial?
    Your quilt looks good on the wall! A level is a must. DH says I’m a half a bubble off, all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally! You quilt on the wall looks like it is hanging in a gallery. It's really lovely! Yippee to a new washer and garage door opener. Gosh, what fun pictures to enjoy for the new month. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks like it is hanging in a posh gallery. Very nice.
    Funny cartoon, and so true. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet to see those little critter faces again. I miss them.
    Loads of great likes this week...appreciate a new and large washer for sure. Getting household things done is also satisfying but yes, growing a tomato is up there. I've been "harvesting"LOL, one a day lately, enjoyed immensely by me.
    Your quilt is just a little stunning looking there and I also love to see the hexies. Slow stitching is the most enjoyable kind, in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the power cartoon. Your quilt is stunning. Lots of new things for the house to make your life easier-score!j

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned this week tomatoes don't like heat... since it's been about 100 for weeks, that could be why we only have 6 golf ball sized on the vine. Your quilt is stunning, great work! Love a new washer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ebb and Flo looks wonderful on the wall! Did you set up those lights just for quilt displays? Hooray for a new washer and gutters! Love the cartoon - that's exactly how I feel about growing a tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gorgeous quilt looks wonderful displayed on the wall. Love, too those crumb hexies of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt being displayed on the quilt wall. Looks professional! It's so nice to get new appliances. Love the cartoon about growing tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt on the wall looks awesome! Congrats on the new washer and garage opener! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great piece of wall to showcase your beautiful quilt. All my walls have windows on them, which is good light-wise, but get in the way of quilt display. Glad only the level and no one's limbs were damaged in the garage door opener installation!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************