Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September OMG: Creek Bed


This quilt has been an on-again, off-again project.  I was still in the groove of making wavy blocks when I finished the blocks for Ebb and Flow.  I changed the direction, colors and "rules" of these blocks (instead moving diagonally from dark to light, these are straight mixed strings).  Now I need to finish the setting triangles before I forget what I was doing with the or worse yet, use up the scrappy pieces in some other project.  I didn't make any notes on my approach and I've already pilfered some of the pale gold and blue for two other quilts.  I will be seriously peeved if I come up short.


So my goal is to have a completed pieced top, ready for sandwiching.  If I'm lucky, I'll have time and backing to get it sandwiched, too.  However, I have three other sewing projects clamoring for attention - I know they'll keep cutting in on my time with this quilt.

Sharing with Elm Street Quilts - September One Monthly Goal

5 comments :

  1. These are lovely blocks--the colors are so pretty together...
    another set of lovely works hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the labors of love of all my quilting buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck; this is looking so good it would be a pity not to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the movement of these fun blocks--they will make an awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy sewing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************