Thursday, March 7, 2024

Here, There and Everywhere

The continuing saga of my foster guinea pigs from Dakin Humane - Mama Laylla with babies Snap, Crackle and Pop. 

The three pups all doubled in weight by Sunday.  It's crazy how much bigger they are (and yet they're still so tiny).  The big news of the week is that Crackle has a forever home lined up with a single boar as soon as he's old enough to leave mama.  Baby boars need to be separated from all sows (including Mom) at 21 days old.  Amazing they can possibly be fertile that young.  

So I have another week with the full set of piggies.  I'll enjoy it while I can!

Crackle gave us a demonstration of his zoomies.

Everyone got floor time while I cleaned the cage on Saturday.  Wowza - it was a solid 20 minutes of burbling piggies checking out everything.  I love how the boys swarmed around Laylla.  I set up grids mostly to keep Laylla from bolting under the couch.  I'm glad I had baby-proofed the cage - Snap wriggled right through the grids.  Barely slowed him down.  Luckily I saw him as he did it and nabbed him as soon as he got to the other side.

The video is a bit bobbly - it was tough keeping up with them, even with a tripod!



3 comments :

  1. It's a guinea pig parade! No one wants to be left behind. So glad to hear Crackle is being adopted and hope the others have a home soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What videos! Just loved watching the zoomies and these little ones staying close to Mom. They have grown so much so quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love watching those babies! I'm sad you're going to lose one already. It's good for Crackle but sad that we can't watch them all together anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************