As expected, the remaining pieces of fabric got smaller (except for some chunks of green). So this quilt mostly has 1.5" squares. In addition, at 20" square, the finished size is about 4" smaller than the other three wall hangings.
This quilt included all of the trimmings from the dresses, the lace and the buttons. I tried to work these into the previous quilts, but they just didn't fit. It's very satisfying to have used every bit from the dresses. I even added one of the original labels onto the hanging sleeve. Because of the hearts and the hodge-podge of trim, I named it Bits of Love.
When I was done, all that was left of the dresses was a little pile of scrap. I can't believe I got four whole wall hangings from those outfits. I bet I could have made a small throw quilt from it all! But I think they're prettier and will wear better as wall hangings. Besides, I got to share the love with more people.
|All that's left of the dresses|