Thursday, February 22, 2018

I Like Thursday: Accomplishments

I liked this recipe for Marakesh Carrots.  In the end only made a half batch, which is plenty, since they say it should be eaten within three days.  I would add more dates.  Otherwise, it has a nice zing.

I also like this recipe for Cashew Chicken.  Rob had forgotten I had made it once before and said it was good stuff.  I should make it again.  Good thing - because this was again.

I do not like cleaning the bathroom and dusting the house.  However, I really like having them done.  I get to enjoy clean surfaces for a little while.


I liked the snow we got on Saturday night.  Enough to cover everything, yet not too hard to dig out.  With temperatures in the 60s this week, it didn't last long, either.  But look how bright the blue is; and such shiny snow.  It clung to everything.




I like that the quilt top is done.  Rob liked that at one point during assembly there was a path for him to walk across my design floor without having to go all the way around.  It doesn't seem right to walk around the whole edge of the living room just to get to the couch.

I like that this is my 1,000th post.  Nice pretty number.

I like that my taxes are done.  It was a rude awakening... but they're done.  Yay!

It's been another busy, stressful week at work on the big project.  But it's moving - things are getting done, people are on board, my overall design hasn't had too many holes poked in it.  There's so much still to be done, but I like that it's getting there.

Whew!  that's enough for me this week.  There's more over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


8 comments :

  1. Hi Sally,
    I had to giggle at Cashew Chicken being made again without his knowledge. That snow picture is just stunning - so blue, so white, so beautiful. One thousand posts!!! WOWEE - that is fabulous. It is also fab that your work project is moving forward - what type of work do you do? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipes - they look interesting and yummy! I love the day after a snow when the sun comes out and makes everything sparkle! Your photo is great! I also love your on point setting of the new quilt - it creates some really neat designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up the carrot salad, and aside from all the prep (not a fan of food prep) it looks delish. The cashew chicken sounded good til I saw all the soy sauce and cornstarch, (allergies) which is good to know so I don't order it in a restaurant! There must be substitutions for soy sauce but I haven't found them, and thickeners too. Congrats on your quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so identify with dusting and bathrooms. I want it done but don't want to spend time doing it! hee hee. Postcard Snow! So serene looking. 1000th post?! Wow, congrats. That is a beautiful quilt-color combo AND pattern. Enjoy! mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is looking fabulous! I am not interested in cooking these days but both of those recipes look awesome! Thanks for sharing them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - same here and the two things I need to do after I stop procrastinating by being on this computer. The dish looks yummy. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1000th post! It is quite a record of your time.
    I have made note of the carrot recipe...thanks for the link. Spring cleaning time and tax time are here I guess...both good to have behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your 1000th post. The carrots look yummy. My grandmother used to make a shredded carrot salad, with apple, and raisins and mayonnaise. I was not a fan. I don''t like mayo. Explain why a few years ago I had a hankering for it? I agree I hate cleaning, but like getting it done. Taxes....urgh I had to pay to have it done this year.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************