Thursday, April 26, 2018

I Like Thursday: Dancing, Drapes and Daffodils

Busy week!  It's been hard to catch a breath.  But lots to like.

I like volunteering.  I helped with NEFFA setup, which was so satisfying.  I like being useful, plus there's something magical about turning a school into a festival site. 

The weekend flew by so quickly.  I danced lots and lots and put more than 35 miles on my pedometer.

I liked the banana hat this guy was wearing on Friday night.  LOL.

I love it when dancing feels like flying. The right music, the right partner - ah, it was wonderful.

I loved the chaos dancing set!  It's pretty much as it sounds:  a contra dancing set in which you technically follow the caller's directions, but are constantly swapping partners and roles and direction.  Chaos.  Lovely, happy people, all laughing because no one knew what would happen next.

And goodness... I've brought home more acoustical drapes.  They've been really happy with my work so far.  The end of the festival was a perfect opportunity to grab them as they came off the walls.  Just a few drapes and I'm only adding corner patches.  I'm hoping to whip through the mods this week to have them ready to deliver next weekend. 

I brought home fun goodies, too - a new hairpin (which we'll see if I can figure out how to get it to stay in my hair), a new top and several pretty cards.



It was nice weather this weekend for the festival.  Nice enough that this group threw together an impromptu outdoor contra dance.  How awesome is that?




Progress is slow, but I like what I have done so far on the Homebase quilt.  I have some grey fabric that I love the print, but hate the quality of the fabric compared to the rest of what I have.  I fear if I use it, it would wear out faster than the rest of the quilt.  So I'm trying out a few other greys to see what speaks to me.  I really don't want to go shopping again.  I should start sewing soon!





I like that spring finally has arrived with yards full of daffodils.  Trees are starting to bloom.  A few warm days.  Huzzah!

I like raspberry and chocolate.  I bought some raspberry flavoring for the Easter candy buttercreams, and decided to put a few drops in my hot chocolate last night.  Oh, joy!

Whew.  Tired yet?  I am.  Yet there's so much to do!  I can't wait to tackle what's next.

There's more to like over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Enjoy!

8 comments :

  1. Dancing- ah yes-I remember it well. Your daffodils are so beautiful. Enjoy!
    mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    WOWEE - 35 miles of dancing. It sounds like you just had a fabulous weekend, but I knew you would. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, and the music and your wonderful dance partner. Your daffodils looks fabulous! They always make me smile - I may just have the first one open by the end of the day today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time you had! Love the daffs and the cards!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chaos contra is too scary and confusing to me! Good that you can keep up with the changes. Happy week to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dance festival sounds like lots of fun! I loved the video of the group dancing outdoors. Isn't it wonderful to see flowers blooming? Those daffodils are beautiful! Enjoy your new quilt project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dancing, flowers and fabric! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had a busy week. That festival looks like a lot of fun and as for chocolate and raspberry together....delicious! Daffodil overload is always a gorgeous sight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lot of fun. I love to dance. Too bad my DH has two left feet. Oh well. Loved the video. When's the next one?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************