Saturday, April 28, 2018

More Sprints

Years and years (and years) ago, I had a guinea pig named Teddi that loved to sprint across the floor.  I have not had a guinea pig (or the right floors) do that since.  Until now.  In the last few weeks Wedgie has taken to spending more time on the floor.  Nearly any day I open the gate on the cage, she'll come down to explore; occasionally making burbling traveling noises like Cannoli used to.

Then zoom!  She hits into turbo.


I tap my leg to tell Wedgie I have goodies, so she gets a reward if she comes over to my desk.  I have to make sure I have treats for her (I forgot one morning - she was one disappointed pig).  This particular morning it was fresh corn husk.  I try not to make any sudden moves, but she's still a little timid being that close to the desk.


I amazed at how fast she bolts under the couch.  It doesn't have much clearance, but Wedgie runs through at full tilt.  Then up the ramp, sometimes bouncing around the cage before rushing down the ramp for another lap around the living room.

Zoom!


2 comments :

  1. Quinn is right, she is fast! So cute.
    Loved looking at all those daffodils in bloom. But we have turned a corner so hopefully soon, I'll have some to show too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************