Sunday, October 20, 2013

I Choose You!

Finished Pikachu
I finished my nephew's Pikachu costume and visited them yesterday to make sure it fit and passed inspection (Pikachu has to be the right colors!).  My sister had given me an old pair of sweatpants to use as a pattern for the pants, and told me to add some length so he had room to grow.  I had added at least two inches to the legs and planned on hemming them.  Turns out they were just the right length.  I hope he doesn't grow much over the year if he wants to wear them next year, too!

I had hoped to get the tail to stick out behind him, but I figured it would be too heavy to just attach then end of the tail to the sweatshirt or the pants.  We decided to safety-pin it in two places to the back of the sweatshirt. 

Everyone was pleased with the end result.  My nephew got a kick out of the ears and demonstrated how they flopped up and down.  Just a little excited?  I modified the ears, at his request, so they stood up straighter, rather than be quite so floppy.  I can't wait to see him with the face makeup, too.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************