Friday, June 24, 2016

Frame and Colors

I think I'm still recovering from a stressful spring.  I'm certainly a lot happier and calmer, but my motivation is nowhere to be found.  I've been busy with guinea pigs and catching up writing blog posts.  My sewing backlog, however, is piling up and my sewing machine is starting to gather dust.  Oh, no!

I may not have any active quilting projects, but it is on my mind.  Two weeks ago I stopped off at my aunt's house to pick up a quilting frame.  She's been cleaning out the attic and her hand-made queen-sized frame was in need of a home.  I offered to take it. 

It's big!  Look at how it towered over my desk when we first brought in the pieces.  We set it up over the weekend to make sure I have all the parts.  I don't know if I want to keep the frame or not.  I've wondered about hand-quilting a quilt - and goodness knows I could tackle any size quilt with this!  On the other hand, I may just keep an eye out for someone who'd give it a loving (and well used) home.

In the meantime, I'm preparing to tackle some New York Beauties blocks.  Curves!  I've not done those before.  And paper piecing - which I've tried once before (and looks great).  Neither of those seem to be my sticking point... it's picking colors.  So much to choose from!  What colors go best?  How do I want it to look when it's done?

I should probably just pick a few fabrics at random and start sewing.  I'm sure I'll be inspired once I see how these all go together.


3 comments :

  1. Looks like a very useful item if you have the place to store it when not needed. Maybe try using it for a project before you decide whether to let it go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your motivation will return soon. I went through a very deep and long depression months ago and I lost my appetite for food, interest in things that I normally love, etc., so I totally understand. You have a lovely blog Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Motivation is returning bit by bit. :-)

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************