Saturday, December 9, 2017

Possessed

Quilt sandwich, doodled ideas and thread
I'm in the homestretch of this quilt.  It's like getting to the last hundred pages of a cliffhanger novel:  I can't put it down.  After a doodling attack on Thursday afternoon, I found myself sandwiching the quilt that evening.  Because ideas!  Inspiration!  I need to see if my drawings will translate well to sewing.

I really did not want to get out my walking foot, but I decided the quilt needs some stitch-in-the-ditch.  At least that means I'll have everything properly tacked down before I start the freemotion quilting.

So many things I need to be doing, including Christmas cards and an ornament.  But inspiration is telling me this is first in line; it's difficult to fight it.

I have tons of navy thread for the initial quilting.  I'm still auditioning thread for the rest of it.  There's spools of chocolate brown and inky indigo that would certainly work.  But I may need to make a thread run on Sunday to get whatever else I'll need.  

Let's get quilting!  Whee!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************