Friday, March 26, 2021

OMG March Finish

March's goal was to make a stack of 160 HST for my Sunny Lanes quilt.  I finished, then made 40 more HST and 36 more checkerboard squares because I decided to enlarge the quilt.

No more expanding!

I love the little pile of trimmings from my HST.  They're all the same size.  That can't be said for the little checkerboard squares, but they're close.

 


Choosing the pattern was difficult - I tried out two layouts that I really liked.  I'm sticking with this version of the diamonds, rather than the prism effect.  I may shift it slightly down so one of the diamonds are in the middle.  I will try that out when I've finished making checkerboards and chevrons.  This picture was taken while they were all 3.5" blocks as seen above.

Now I need to come up with an April goal!

Sharing with:
Elm Street Quilts - March OMG Finishes

4 comments :

  1. This is a beauty. I love the way the black is framing the colours and pattern. Meanwhile, I just read your Thursday post. How wonderful to spend time in the fresh air with a friend. SO fortunate to have your vaccines. Better times ahead for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all the fun, scrappy color in this design, and also how the black diamonds pull everything together! Congratulations on reaching your goal, Sally! I'm looking forward to seeing Sunny Lanes come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stack of HST's was well worth your effort as Sunny Lanes is a beauty. Love the diamond layout and love the black. Well done in achieving your March goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************