Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Where Next?

I've moved my half-kite blocks to the wall and spent a chunk of time rearranging them (see prior layouts here).  I like the rainbow layout - it cuts down on the confusion.  I have to blank spots on the left side that will be filled - I just haven't cut those pieces yet.  But it's the lower navy stripe that I'm floundering on.  I'm considering doing them all the same color neutral?  Maybe a rainbow of colors?  What I do not have is a multi-colored fabric (oh, save me from another trip to the fabric store!).  

I'm actually considering making string blocks for it...ooh or maybe crumb blocks.  That would be more work creating those blocks - however I feel that having the same solids there will diminish the impact of the stripe.

Sharing with:
Love Laugh Quilt - Monday Making
My Quilt Infatuation - Needle & Thread Thursday
Wendy's Quilts and More - Peacock Party


7 comments :

  1. this is where I often get stalled, the design decisions. It is dynamic and has a lot of movement. Is that the look you wanted? If you want something other, then what's missing or too much?
    Did you change your mind when seeing in in a photo?
    I like organizing it by color to stop the eye a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with LeeAnna. It’s the arranging that befuddles me. Sometimes, the more I move the blocks around the more confused I become. I find a black and white photo helps me! Kites and Pinwheels is going to make an awesome baby quilt! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you're creating the diagonal stripes! This is a neat design, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe move that unfinished red to the lower left corner and make that row pale lilac then the next one in light reddish oranges if you have anything in those colors? That would carry the movement across from the upper left corner of dark to light and back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just caught up on your posts, Sally. I love these blocks and yes what a lot of work to move them about. That is a part of quilting I don't like but is necessary usually. But you have a creative eye so I know you'll sort it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this layout. The designing at the end is always a pain. This is such a great design. I don't think I can give you much advice. You'll know when you find the best layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great layout and I’m fascinated by the color placement. Once sewn together, if I hadn’t seen this picture, I would never guess that you’d made the quilt with simple square blocks.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************