Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Pumpkin Show With Lights!

Stormy weather threatened our second trip to the Pumpkin Show.  Good new is, it wasn't a repeat of last year!  No downed trees, all the electricity on.  

The lights were amazing as we approached the estate.  Lots of orange, green and purple.  I enjoyed hearing all the exclamations from the little kids as the took in the jack-o-lanterns and the lights.  Look at this one!  See the owl?  See the bunny?  Is that a cat?


 

So many pumpkins!  Lots of different designs.  A few I recognized from last year, but many others looked new. 



The bubble cauldron gathered a knot of kids and adults around it.  The flame pumpkins were cool, but when the cauldron lit up - ooh!  A little farther on there was an underwater scene with glowing jellyfish.  I liked that a lot!


 

I didn't realize we could go through the house, too (since obviously that was off limits last year).  The first room we walked into was filled with floating candles.  Like straight out of Harry Potter.  I loved that!


The painter and his model were entertaining, too.  From what little bits I could see, the Naumkeag mansion is beautiful.  How nice it must have been to live in that house and the grounds.

The Trustees also do an annual winter lights event.  We will have to come back next year to check that out.  All those lights and in the snow - I bet that is spectacular.  

 

4 comments :

  1. how much fun that was! Almost as much fun seeing it on your tour, thanks girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like lots of fun! Anything with lights at this time of year is enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical! The floating candles do add a Potter vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I would be just like the kids! Oohing and aahing over each new display! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************