Thursday, February 10, 2022

I Like Thursday: Birds, Boars, Being Busy


Goldfinches have been taking over our feeders this week.  Every single feeder has been packed. 




Even the suet feeder!  (Which they have had a much easier time using than the juncos did.)


Twix and Brownie were adopted last weekend.  We had them for over a month and I had gotten rather attached, especially to Brownie.  They were both characters, but Brownie was so friendly and lovable.  I hope the little girl who adopted them knows how lucky she is!

We're pigless right now.  We consoled ourselves with pastry - so it's not all bad.  And it's nice to have a break from the demands.

 

 

I've been quilting like crazy.  I'm almost done with the colored bits - then I'll quilt the black.  Maybe binding this weekend?? Oh, that would be exciting!


We've been enjoying Vienna Blood on PBS.  Beautiful, interesting and a bit light-hearted.  I really hope they do a third season.

I've just started The Devil and the Dark Water.   It's by the same author as The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, which I enjoyed.  This one is a very different setting, but I can feel a lot of the similarities with the first book.  

That's the upbeat highlights of the week.  Joining up at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday


12 comments :

  1. Beautiful quilt. What kind of pastries. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little break in your “parenting” duties! Always welcome in small doses! Good luck with the quilting! It’s looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting is coming along nicely. Sounds like you have had a productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those goldfinches! I love them. I've wondered if it might be hard to give up those fosters at times. These two did seem kind of special! Hooray for good progress on the quilting - that is such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty sight it must be to see the goldfinches feasting like there's no tomorrow at your feeders. The quilt is looking lovely; nice quilting. That is sweet a little girl has adopted Brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally! Aww, I hope Brownie and Twix were adopted together. And that the little girl takes good care of him. The yellow finches look so cute enjoying the feast! I'm feeling your enthusiasm in your words that you are pumped to quilt! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is looking wonderful! May the Brownie and Twix be happy ion their new home. Our backyard feeders have been surrounded by a frozen lake of slippery black ice the past few days. Even the Juncos have not been able to pick though the ice to get at the seed underneath. I have kept the porch rail feeders filled and tossed safflower and sunflower seed out for the cardinals and other ground birds but it keeps getting buried in the daily melting and re-freeze. I am feeling like winter is loosing its grip. We may still have a few storms but there is a hint of early spring. Maybe it is wishful thinking ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in line to get Evelyn Hardcastle from the library.
    Beautiful quilt and lovely lines you are laying there Sally. And you can almost taste a finish.
    Brownie sounds like such a sweetie. Yes hopefully she is in good hands now too. I've had goldfinches lately too along with the juncos. Luckily they all play well at the feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All those birds are fun to watch!!! Great that you found forever homes for your piglets. (Not sure if that's what you call them!) Best wishes on your quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to watch the birds. How cool that the GP were adopted and that you have them socialized so well. Your quilt looks lovely. Pastry. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your quilt and the quilting! Looks great! It's great your guinea pigs found there forever homes but I'm sure you miss them. I've just started noticing the birds are reappearing. For awhile, we would never see even one but they're making a comeback. I hope that means Spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sallie - sorry (for you) to hear that Twix and Brownie were adopted, but happy they have gone to a good home. I wonder if we will start seeing finches soon ... Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************