Thursday, February 24, 2022

I Like Thursday: Good and Bad

I'm not sure where to begin.  I bricked my laptop on Sunday.  I'm on a desperate search for a new one.  But... it had been backed up before it crapped out and Rob restored my setup on an old laptop from 2008 that's still working.  Well... working may be a bit optimistic - I click on a web page, go get a cup of tea, and hope that it has rendered by the time I come back.  Our five year old tablet is lightning-fast in comparison.  I sit with both of them in front of me to accomplish anything.  It's maddening and somewhat of a hoot all at once.

This was on top of a busy weekend with my mother visiting.  Along with purchasing a kitchen sink to make sure it's here before the cabinets get delivered which should be next week.  I wanted to get taxes done over the weekend and that didn't happen.  And another busy week at work.  Wait?  Monday was a holiday?  It didn't feel like a three day weekend.

One single photo on this post (too much work figuring out how to get it off my phone onto this computer!)  I'm making progress quilting Icy Colors.  It's fun!  It's frustrating!  Bulky seams cause skipping thread here and there.  I swear I've spent as much time ripping out and burying thread as I have been stitching it in. 

Yes, this is an odd post to be sharing with Lee Anna's I Like Thursday.  However, in between all the things going sideways, my luck kicked in.  Didn't lose any data with the laptop?  Have an old system to limp by with?  OMG, the cabinets are on time (if not early!).  My mother got to visit and I hosted dinner for my sister and nephew, too.  And I have quilted at least a third of the quilt.  

Hopefully next week's post will be on a new computer!  


7 comments :

  1. Glad you can find good things in the midst of frustration! I love your photo of Icy Waters - hope you finish the quilting without too much more trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is great about your post, that even all the negative stuff going on, you found the good stuff and it wasn't all that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so busy but still have time for I Like Thursday! Impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooboy.... good luck with all this... our phones and ipads are no longer holding charge, so it's got to be time for decisions and big money spent...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! Life is telling you, in no uncertain terms, to slow down and enjoy the moment. You have a lot on your plate yet you still can enjoy your mom's visit and the kitchen rehab and even the joy of buying a new computer. Thank heavens for backups!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. This Acer I'm writing on it over 5 now and is starting to have a few glitches. But my very old Acer is still working albeit very slowly and I'm keeping it for backup. Good luck with that. All in all you did have a good week. How nice to have family to dinner too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************