Thursday, February 3, 2022

I Like Thursday: Humming Along

Welcome to February, and it's Thursday!  Time to share some happy things with Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color

I spent a couple of hours cleaning out, oiling and resetting the tension on my sewing machine on Sunday.  I pulled off the throat plate and discovered a wad of felt under the feed dogs.  Even though I cleaned under there regularly, I clearly didn't catch it all.  This was the first time I had disassembled it.  Can't help but that contributed to the tension issue.   

I'm so happy that the user manual had instructions on how to reset the tension.  It appears to have worked!  The machine hasn't felt this good in a while.

As you can see, I'm still playing with the half kites.  I'm making a few mug rugs.  I seem to be on a mug rug kick!

To give the sewing machine a good test I stitched together my Project Quilting challenge.  I picked the teapot fabric because it looks similar to some of my china.  It doesn't show up against the white as much as I thought it would.  Oh, well - I don't have time to pick another color.

I like that I finished my January OMG of sandwiching the neutral baby quilt.  My February OMG is to quilt one of these four quilts.  Now with a clean machine, I'm ready to quilt!  Well.... other than figuring out what pattern to use!


I've been stuffing the really skinny scraps into a bag and it was getting full.  So I spent Tuesday evening wrapping the scraps around this clothesline.  I'm planning to make a very big and colorful bowl.  I need more scrap before I'll sew it together.  I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

What a shame that these English phrases are dying out.  I recognize all of them, and use several of them.  They're fun!

I enjoyed the Discovery of Witches books and the first two seasons of the show were great, too.  The third season?  Not so much.  So much of the good stuff was missing, as well as the humor in the books.  Things were dire, but the family joked around with each other; there was none of that in the show.   (So go read the books!)+

Cleaned the guinea pig cage Tuesday night.  I wish I had thought to take photos.  Brownie and Twix were pretty curious about what I was doing (and kept sneaking past Rob who was on guard duty).  

I like that I got out snowshoeing on Monday.  We did not get buried in snow like the coast did.  But we're due for a few more inches on Friday... we'll see!


5 comments :

  1. So glad you got your sewing machine fixed back up! Love your tea pot and cup - they're going to make something fun. I enjoy making mug rugs, and need to finish one up for my mom for February. I haven't read the Discovery of Witches books or watched the show - I'll have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clothesline bowl project! what a fantastic idea. Mug rugs, I will give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by my place, Food for Thought. I've got Singer machine also, it's an old one, it was my mom's. I haven't used it in years...I'll have to get it out and give it a good cleaning. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects all look great! I love cleaning my machine only because it sews so well after you're done. I just never do it often enough. I love the use of your scraps with the clothesline. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job figuring out your sewing machine. So many awesome projects to work on. The clothesline bowl now has me intrigued, considering can I use up even more of my scraps. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************