Thursday, February 17, 2022

I Like Thursday: A Quick Flyby


So busy!  I don't have much to share with I Like Thursday.  Work has been taking up a lot of my time (but it's been fun! well... except for on-call problems on Sunday...).  In between that I've been sewing (and ripping stitches) like crazy.  Making slow progress on my mini storm at sea (I keep mixing up the colors). 

I finished The Devil and the Dark Water.  It was a page turner and had all the twists and turns as The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.  Although I really enjoyed the book, the ending was just a little too neat.  But I hope Turton writes more books.  These are a fun read.

We just finished season 2 of The Indian Doctor (PBS online has some good stuff!).  It was about an outbreak of smallpox in a small Welsh town.  Hard to believe it was filmed in 2012, because it uncannily paralleled the pandemic.  Speaking of PBS, we've rewatched the first season of Vienna Blood to watch the second season, and have been enjoying All Creatures, too.  (Around the World in 80 Days is pretty, but we've been unsatisfied with the plot.)

I found this video really interesting: Drying out a house.  That's a lot of chain mail! 

That's it.  Short, sweet, and I need to get back to my stack of correspondence. 

9 comments :

  1. "Vienna Blood," season finale, not a fan. I agree about 80 Days. Their adventures jump around too much for my tastes.
    Happy Quilting!
    Get your rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're making good progress on your Storm at Sea, Sally! We've loved so many of the shows on PBS lately, but haven't watched The Indian Doctor. I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on Call the Midwife! It took awhile. I've always thought Storm at Sea was a difficult pattern. It looks like you've got it under control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so clever--how they're repairing/drying out that house with a chainmail surrounding and ramps!!! I'm enjoying All Creatures Great and Small, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the drive by.. I had just about enough attention span to write down your show rec's and note how pretty that block is. Sad the two boars are gone...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the “too busy” week! Sometimes life is like that! I’m impressed with your pink Storm at Sea! That block is a stinker! Thanks for the heads up regarding PBS, DH has so many other streaming platforms, we forget about PBS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sally! Your fabrics for SaS are just gorgeous. It is going to look just stunning when you have it finished. I, for one, cannot wait to see it! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got "7 & 1/2 Deaths" on hold at my library right nor. It was recommended to me by my daughter. I'll have to see if she's read "Devil & the Dark Water". I hope you have a calmer week ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally - you're the second person to mention The Indian Doctor - we will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************