Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sandwiched Jigging Squares

I persevered through a switch of sewing machines and completed my January OMG.  Yay! 

I finished sewing the top together before I messed up the tension on my regular Singer.  I pulled my Singer 99 out of the closet to sew together the backing.  It's a great little machine and was fine for doing the piecing, but it got a little unwieldy once I got to sewing the bigger pieces together.  I need my usual machine back up and running.


Regardless, it was enough to piece things together.  I really like the back - this would actually make a pretty cool pattern all on it's own.  The shape of these blocks remind me of toy jacks.  It's great as a stripe but expanded and all interlocked together would look great, too.  I had a terrible time getting points to match up.  It's because I cut the half-kites too large and perhaps not evenly (which was perfect for piecing the front of the quilt, but not the back).  I would need to cut the half-kites more precisely before piecing these jack blocks before attempting a whole quilt.

Front is done, backing is done, quilt is sandwiched and basted.  That was the goal! 

Sharing with:
Elm Street Quilts - January OMG Finish
Love Laugh Quilt - Monday Making

4 comments :

  1. Yay for meeting your goal! Piecing a backing and getting all the layers together and basted is a big job. Those extra blocks make a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making your goal. Looks great. You need to write up a pattern for that block. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern on the backing is very cool. What a lovely quilt this will be with both the fabulous front and back. Well done on reaching your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on meeting your goal! The pieced backing is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************