Thursday, January 6, 2022

I Like Thursday: Getting Started

First Thursday of 2022.  How did that happen?  It's time for the weekly good stuff with Lee Anna at I Like Thursday.

 

In an attempt to clean out my sewing room, I got Shady Lanes sandwiched and basted.  My wall looks so bare without it hanging there.  I need to hurry up and finish these to get more on that wall!

I'm still playing with the neutrals baby quilt.  I'm sidetracked this week with the first challenge of Project Quilting.  I've got it sandwiched - I need to figure out how to quilt it.  It's due on Sunday!

 


When I came home with the dollhouse, I also brought home a box of ornaments.  The first row were made between 1995 and 1999.  The second row is 2004 to 2009 (I think it's missing 2008).


I've improved so much on draping the dresses over the years.  Little Bo Peep has petticoats!  The farmer has veggies.  And the hot air balloon has my parents in it.  I should take some good close-up photos when I get better light. 

My foster guinea pigs have been great - they've settled in quite nicely.  Poor Brownie, though, poked his eye with hay, and it's really inflamed.  I'm continuing with the eye drops and bumped up his recheck visit to the vet.  Fingers crossed he'll be better soon.

This is Twix's favorite sleeping position - his head higher than his bum.  Often, when he's in the hammock, he has one leg up so his boarly bits get to hang out.  Makes me laugh when I see it (but he shifts every time I get the camera). 

That's it for now.  I hope you've had a good start to the new year.



7 comments :

  1. Love seeing your Sculpey ornaments! I hope you’ll share close ups. I hope to participate in Project Quilting when we return home. I’m always fascinated with the projects that happen in a single week! Looking forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shady Lanes is such a pretty quilt - love all the color! Your ornaments are really amazing, too. You're good at that craft! Twix looks like he's saying, "A little privacy, please!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornaments!
    Prayers Twixt heals well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally! Shady Lanes sure looks pretty and I can imagine your wall does look very bare without it hanging there. Get busy on that!! Those ornaments are SO cool. You are very talented. I can't say that sleeping in the hammock in that position doesn't look all that comfortable to me. Happy Thursday! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally, love Shady Lanes and how striking the black makes it all stand out. I loved your ornaments..yes close ups would be appreciated esp. of Mom and Dad in the balloon basket. Amazing! Little Twix in the hammock sleeping- adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ornaments. I love the sleeping in the hammock. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, you have fashioned some amazing ornaments, Sally! A most amazing quilt top, too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************