Thursday, January 27, 2022

I Like Thursday: Too Many Things!

Another week is flying by.  I'm working on several projects at work and a few at home.  It's a lot to juggle at once.  Time for a break to share the good things of the week at I Like Thursday.  

My regular Singer is still out of commission (I certainly don't like that).  I have not had a chance to clean and reset the tension.  But my little 99 is chugging along!  It's such a pretty little machine, but I can't sew too fast - if I do, it causes the whole table to rock back and forth!  

I found a local guy that repairs sewing machines.  So if I can't fix the tension myself, I know who to call!

 


I like that I finished last week's Project Quilting challenge on the 99.  Isn't he cute?



And I'm piecing the baby quilt backing and some extra blocks, too.   But there's no way I can quilt these quilts on the little Singer, so I need to get that 15-91 fixed!

We're still fostering Brownie and Twix.  They are such a hoot.  The pigs and I have a routine.  They are quite happy to tell me if I deviate from it in any way.  Wheek!  Wheek!

I was gifted the sign last week.  Isn't it perfect?  It's so true!

That's it!  Back to work.



11 comments :

  1. The sign is funny!
    I hope your machine is working well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the 99 can be a bit of a bumpy machine, but they have such nice stitches. I converted mine to a hand crank. Hope your other machine gets fixed soon. Cute sign, and your projecting quilting piece is nice. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sign is so appropriate as you do take such wonderful care of those lucky little things. Happy Stitching and all the things,Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a neat little Singer you have there! I think my mom used to have one of those and who knows what happened to it - wish I would have appreciated it more back then. Love the sign for the guinea pigs, and the fact that they know the routine, too. They're cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some nice 'likes', especially the quilting you did on the cat piece using your 99. I have my husband's great grandmother's 99 and it works like a dream. It's currently in storage because we are between homes but you've inspired me to bring it out. I found your blog from reading LeeAnna's Thursday Likes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Animals are such creatures of habit, aren't they? Sweet the guinea pigs are spoilt♡ The baby quilt back is going to be as lovely as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the work on your regular Singer. I wouldn't know where to start and would go directly to "calling the guy/gal" to do it for me. Your little 99 is a great little machine. It's making you slow down and enjoy the process, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 99 machine is so cute! I think that sign is appropriate! Your quilt is coming along very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sewing machine, I was given one many years ago and gave it away on buying a new machine. It worked perfectly, wish I had hung on to it. Like your little sign, good fun.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************