Saturday, March 19, 2022

Project Quilting 13.6: Colorful Flying Geese

This is the last of this year's Project Quilting challenges.  The challenge was flying geese.  Too bad I made my circle of geese last challenge!

I made my own paper piece pattern for this.  I had to make a second strip of the little geese because I forgot to add the seam allowance and I lopped off to much fabric.  

I still haven't made a dent in my scraps!  I love all the colors in this.  

It finished up about 9.5 x 10".  I have quite a collection of mug rugs now!

Sharing with:
Persimon Dreams - Project Quilting 13.6
Wendy's Quilts and More - Peacock Party


9 comments :

  1. Very fun! I like how all the different sizes work together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think projects made with flying geese are so fun, as they can make so many different designs! I like your combination of different sizes in this mug rug, Sally! I hope sometime you'll put all of your PQ finishes together and share a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that organic feel to the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ditto Diann's comment re gathering all your mug rugs together and show us. They would look fabulous! This one is lovely. All those flying geese flying in formation in a space of about 10"...wow! Just fabulous...and yes all those fabrics and colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The different scale of geese is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mug rugs are my favorite. LOVE your super scrappy one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally - clever way to recover from the "oops"! I wouldn't have known if you hadn't mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************