Thursday, April 7, 2022

I Like Thursday: Peeps and a Bun

I really thought I'd have more photos to share with LeeAnna's I Like Thursday group.  But somehow the weekend and the early part of the week got away from me.  

Last year I discovered that peeps mysteriously appear around here in the spring.  A neighborhood April Fools joke?  I found these three on the bridge this weekend.  A neighbor messaged me to ask if I had peeped his mailbox.  Not me! 

We also met a new neighbor this week; he'll be building a house on our street.  An interesting guy.  I had feared when the lot was cleared that it was in prep for a huge house.  But he's looking to build a small home for him and his wife.  The cleared land is to raise some livestock and garden; they're looking to live self-sufficiently.  Neat!

Spent Sunday with my mom.  We always enjoy when she comes to visit.

I'm starting to see some sprouts in my seed trays.  Yay!

I've finished binding my second quilt.  I'm having thread issues while quilting the third one, but I'm hoping to spend some time with it this weekend.  Now I need some sunshine and no wind to get some good photos!  

To finish my post:  some salty language, but this angry bunny just makes me laugh.



10 comments :

  1. That's funny about the Peeps! I for one, think that is all they are good for!!!! Leaving on the bridge or in someone's mailbox for April Fools Day!! EeeeW!

    Funny Bunny! He/She really is angry!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peeping people, what a great idea!! I love decorating with Peeps, but I hadn't ever thought of that - thanks!!
    And Angry Bunny is just hysterical. Thanks for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peep thing in your neighborhood is so funny! Hooray for a visit from your mom, seeds sprouting, and quilt binding, too - all good. That bunny does look angry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine spreading peeps! I think it's great your new neighbour will be trying sustainable living. That should really be interesting. IF that bunny could talk...yes, it is very angry but how lucky to be alive someone should tell him, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! Spending time with your mom is just priceless. I'm glad you get to enjoy her! That bunny . . . he does look angry but the language attested to him! Did you ever find out who left the peeps?? Happy Thursday. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting peeped doesn't sound fun, since they are kind of sticky. That bunny looks very angry. Glad you had time to spend with your mom this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peeps, I thought they were slippers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. bwaahahahahaha about the bunny. That's just a perfect comment to the whole situation! Peeps... man I love peeps but am allergic to the ingredients in them... surprised critters don't eat them but love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bunny is so funny!!! My husband takes pictures of Peeps displays in stores and send them to me. I'm not sure why! I guess this is their time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is indeed an angry bunny. We have too many of them outside and I chase them away as much as possible, but they keep coming back. You'd think they'd tire of being chased and go plant themselves in someone else's yard.

    Added you to my blog list to make visiting back and forth easier.

    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************