Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Project Quilting 15.1 - Birdhouse Postcard

A new season of Project Quilting!  This is my fourth year of participating.  The challenge:  a quilt inspired by bird houses.  

These challenges are so much fun.  I never know where they'll take me.  My first thought was to piece together a mug rug.  I even had the design in my head.  But as I hit the sewing room, I discarded that in favor of an appliqued postcard.  I dug through my scraps until the right color combo came along.  It seemed too plain, so I fussy cut some leaves and flowers.  

My prior postcards have had square set binding.  I decided to try mitered corners on this one.  Would you look at that?  They came out nearly perfect.  I wish my normal-sized quilts came out so square!  (Although I'm not showing you the back - the corners are not so pretty.)  

I love it!

Sharing with:
Persimon Dreams - Project Quilting 15.1
My Quilt Infatuation - Needle and Thread Thursday


13 comments :

  1. That is cute, Sally! I love the leaves and flowers - they really added a lot. Do you put something stiff inside the postcard to make it sturdy, and do you send them to people? That would be a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birdhouse postcard is so pretty, Sally. Love the birdhouse fabric and the flowers and leaves complement it perfectly. A terrific finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fussy cut and appliqued leaves and flowers make your birdhouse a welcoming home for any bird. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute postcard! You can even mail it to someone. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! Your birdhouse postcard turned out so cute!! Great job. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one cheerful quilt! I love the design. It just sings happiness. Good work

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out so great! I think the flowers really add so much! Such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute bird house with your flower accents. Very nicely done! And you've started off the New Year with a bang.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I'm so glad you join in the challenges - I always love seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! wow Kim visits your blog, high praise! (I think I saw her once in three years at mine) you got it done so fast, mine took to almost the last minute.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************