Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Playing with Rick-Rack

I'm working on a couple of projects right now, including a new baby quilt.  I'm doing curves again!  This will be a variation on drunken path - it will look like rick-rack.  I'm working with green, yellow and blue.  

So far it looks like a mess!  I'm cutting the squares for now - I haven't added the curves yet.  The colors look different up on the wall than they did bundled up on the table.  I think there needs to be more of a division between the colors.  Well, it's up where I can see it during the day; I can mull over it while at work.  It will be interesting to see how this progresses.



5 comments :

  1. Curves that look like ric rac, you have certainly piqued my curiosity. Looking forward to seeing how your baby quilt progresses, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how this turns out! I'm sure you'll figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a woozie when I try to follow a path. I think you're doing well thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green, blue, and yellow make a pretty color combination! I'll be interested to see how you make the rickrack design. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, Sally, I am chagrined to admit that I had to look up ric rac. And then I was transported back to my childhood! I think my Mom was always sewing ric rac onto clothing for us girls - but I am not sure I ever knew what it was called! Looking forward to your progress on this new endeavor! Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************