Friday, October 30, 2015

Camouflaged Cavy

Boadicea usually doesn't try to hide from me but she must be practicing her stealth mode, just in case.  Doesn't she match the background so well?  I bought these fleece patterns because I thought they'd be good for hiding poo.  I hadn't considered they'd be good for hiding guinea pigs as well.  If this wasn't such a close up shot, she'd blend right in!

The other day I walked into the room as I heard the water bottle rattle.  At first glance, there was no guinea pig at the bottle - until the nose popped out of the tunnel.  Boadi made me think of a kid wrapped up in a sleeping bag on Saturday morning.


I was amused that she was hiding in the tunnel to do this.  I've written before that the second-floor tunnel often moves to the first floor.  I have witnessed Boadicea moving it just once.  She doesn't have the flair and alacrity like Bertie, but the tunnel eventually comes down.  Unlike Bertie, who was content to have it on the first floor, Boadicea likes to have it all the way over by the hay and the water bottle.  Perhaps this is the reason why?

3 comments :

  1. Great camouflage Boadi! So cute, they are really fun to watch! Happy Halloween to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My senior will pull his straw house over to the bottle and poke his head out the door to drink just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My senior will pull his straw house over to the bottle and poke his head out the door to drink just like this!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************