Thursday, March 22, 2018

I Like Thursday: It's Spring!




Really?  Is it really Spring?  The snow on the ground makes me think otherwise.  This latest storm seems to be blowing out, but as I'm writing this they still can't decide if we'll get 3-5" or 5-8".  We'll see what it looks like in the morning (update: just a dusting!  Whew.).  Propane tank was filled yesterday, so we'll have heat if the power goes again.

My favorite fabric place, Ryco, had a St. Patrick's Day sale.  I like what I got!  And that it's washed and pressed and ready to use.  The top photo is the fabric for my next quilt.

The bottom fabrics were just for me.  Too pretty to pass up (and the two left-side fabrics were less than $3 a yard!).

I like that we celebrated my dad's 80th birthday - a nice dinner out with the whole family.  We managed to find a place midway for all of us.  Dad had a great time.  Yay!





I'm still trying out new recipes (the one New Year's resolution I've been able to keep).  This week it's Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Shortbread.  As you can see, I haven't dipped mine yet.  Just came out of the oven.  I like her suggestion of making peanut butter sandwich cookies out of them.  The brick in the background is a tried-and-true recipe:  Chocolate Oatmeal Bars.  Also waiting to cool enough to cut into bars.

I'm linking up with other likes over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


9 comments :

  1. Hi Sally,
    You got some great fabrics at the sale! Score! Your chocolate shortbread cookies look delicious. Is this the first time you made this recipe? Did you like them? Your oatmeal bars look great, too. Makes me hungry! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sally. Love the fabrics you purchased. That one on the lower picture (far left) has such depth to it! Happy Birthday to your Dad! Your treats are making me hungry! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could go fabric-shopping with you someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics and I take it, you wash yours before use. There is a debate about that it seems.
    Thanks for the link to the chocolate oatmeal bars...definitely one we would enjoy. What a happy milestone for your Dad and all the better with the family to celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fabrics! Have fun starting a new quilt! Happy Birthday to your dad, and as always, your goodies look just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum to both fabric and goodies. Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 80th Birthday to your dad! Such pretty fabrics, Sally. It is always a delight to find bargain fabric that you love, isn't it. Your baking again looks positively delicious! Hope it stops snowing there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy fabrics, but then I love green. Your chocolate bars look like winners. I've copied the recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabrics. Can't wait to see what you made.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************