Thursday, March 15, 2018

I Like Thursday: Some Color

We were buried in snow again on Tuesday. Knocked out the power at 11am. Since the sump pump wasn't running non-stop, the neighbor was kind enough to lend us some of the generator power.  So we chose to run internet and the freezer.  Power came on at 5am the next day.

As much as the storm was a drag, I liked that I could do my work most of the day.  I liked that the fireplace kept us warm (although I need to order more propane soon!).  And I do really like the snow plastered to the trees.  I got out for a brief walk on Wednesday and it was so pretty on the heavily wooded road.  (I didn't think to grab my camera!)

I like spring flowers. I bought the daffodils over the weekend. The scent on these are so strong they’re giving us both headaches. Not fond of that. But the color! Yellow! Green! It was so nice to see them unfold.

And I like the tomatoes and tea, too.

Did you know yesterday was Pi Day?  I observed the day by having a little Table Talk apple pie for elevenses.  A celebration for having a warm house and hot tea.

I've been enjoying Half a King.  Not sure how this book got on my reading list.  Easy prose, underdog protagonist, twists and turns, Viking-like world.  I've just reserved the other two books in the series.  I hope the weather doesn't delay them arriving too much.  I can't wait to read more.

I like the stuff I've been working on!  Unfortunately lack of power has been upsetting my sewing and blogging.  I hope to share stuff soon.

I'm sure there's far more interesting likes over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Be sure to check them out.


9 comments :

  1. Snow yet again....really!! Surely it will end soon. I love the pretty trumpets of Daffodils.Just as well you can warm up in front of your fire. The weather you are experiencing sounds perfect for relaxing and reading by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    I'm so sorry the storm has been knocking out your power! But so nice of your neighbor to share the generator power! I love the daffodils - I am enjoying some tulips from the store on my desk at work. I helps to see a spot of color to remind us that Spring is on the way. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely daffodils for colour is right! At least you were safe and warm during your power outage but it is a drag. We have had snow for the last three days with it heavy yesterday but not a storm. Bright but very wintry today.
    Isn't it great when you find a new author you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those daffodils. I don't remember a scent. I need some. Sorry to hear about loss of power but glad you have a fireplace. Stay safe. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh snow really is pretty - glad you could *enjoy* yet another storm! :) Daffodils are so pretty. I'm definitely looking forward to mine blooming! Hope you have power for sewing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After our winter the other week, the daffs have decided that it is now Spring. So they are opening in the back garden where there is a bit more sun. One brave hyacinth is trying to open, though it is a bit too early for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still waiting for my bulbs to make an appearance. Wondering if it hasn't been quite warm enough and the ground hasn't thawed enough. I love daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah the irony of pretty flowers. Certain ones put out some pollen that means I can't have them in the house. In our old home in MD I just put them on the back porch table to see from the family room, but no porch here. Power is magic... not to be taken for granted isn't it? It's so hard being without it. Thanks for a great list of likes. Sorry I let pi day get away without a piece for me!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping your weather improves soon. We all need spring at this point! Those daffodils are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************