Saturday, March 17, 2018

Post Project Cleanup




As I hit the tail end of a project (bound, just needs a label), I straighten up the sewing room and continue work on my long-term projects.  The bag of selvedges yielded another dozen or so triangles (I’m less than ten away from having enough to piece that quilt).  I backed a few more crumb hexies; I've just cut fabric for another two dozen.  My crumb bag is pretty full, too.  I may piece together some more hexie fronts with lots of blue and brown.


The quilt I just finished was set on point.  When I trimmed the quilt I ended up with a small stack of disappearing nine patch triangles and a pair of unused pieces.  Altogether it was enough to make this 15" square.  Could be a pillow or maybe a table topper.  Not bad for a project that was literally hmmm-lets-stitch-these-together-and-see-what-happens.  It's warm and calming.

I've been calculating yardage and looking through my fabric for the next quilt.  Big sale at Ryco today - my shopping list is much more vague that I hoped.  Of course that means I'll come home with more than I really need rather than not enough.  I have some rough ideas on what to do with this pattern, but haven't quite had my aha! moment.  Maybe it will hit when I'm in the store?
Sharing with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict: Can I get a Whoop Whoop?
Freemotion by the River: Linky Tuesday

2 comments :

  1. Your "let's see what happens" project is great. I am in love with those hexies of yours! Happy fabric shopping.....don't mortgage the house....remember you must have a home in which to sew. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your attitude about exploring with fabric. Freewheeling AND productive! Just for comparison, I have been trying for ages to buy fabric to make just one simple dress, and it's been very challenging. VERY.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************