Thursday, May 24, 2018

I Like Thursday: Busy, Busy

I missed I Like Thursday last week - had to much to do.  The new guinea pig kept me busy as I refereed between Wedgwood and Mabel.  I know it doesn't look like much, but I have been diligently working on the Homebase quilt.  My weekends have been packed, which has been cutting into my creative time.  Fun, yet frustrating.  Gotta roll with it.

I went to Newburyport on Saturday.  My mom treated me to a chocolate tour.  We spent the day walking from shop to shop, collecting chocolates and baked goods.  The local Starbucks was offering mini mocha lattes.  Some places offered goodies from local chocolatiers (oh, Sweet Sloops!) and bakeries.

I liked this sign (where we stopped to pick up chocolate ice cream).


This shop had these neat polymer clay bug (called YIPES! lol).  I mean, I wouldn't want a bug pin, but they were amazingly intricate and colorful.  What fun.


We also stopped at a bakery called When Pigs Fly (they were handing out chocolate bread, with raspberry and peach jam).  This shop is one of my Mom's favorites.  Look at all those lovely loaves of bread of all sorts of flavors.  The place smelled wonderful.

I so rarely go to shops with such pretty things.  Beads, pottery, all sorts of textiles, artwork, jewelry.  I liked them all.  I picked up several items - I should have brought more money (or maybe I'm glad I didn't!).


I saw these pretty flowers on the way home.  All pink, blue and green.  So cheery in the rain.

I made yet another trip to the local quilt shop - this time for some gold fabrics.  I like the colors.  I would be truly happy if the quilt told me what it wanted so I could start sewing again!  I'm so close, but the quilt remains on the floor.

As usual - there's more pretty, happy things over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday

9 comments :

  1. Oh yummo.....a chocolate tour, that does sound delicious! Love the look of all those loaves of bread sitting in baskets. Oh how I love bread. Those are such pretty pink flowers...they look like Lisianthus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great likes! I love that shot of the flowers! And that sign LOL!!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear-chocolate, bread and flowers. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice outing! I kind of felt like I was with you two! I used to help promote an art show in Tampa, and someone sold bug pins. They did a rousing business so someone must want to wear them! The flowers are so pretty. Good luck with the referee's job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A chocolate tour sounds delicious! A lot of us would like that. I enjoyed your last two posts about Mabel and Wedgwood, too - they are very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally,
    That sign about taxes - too funny! And that row of pink tulips looks so darn happy and Springy! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a chocolate tour! Chocolate bread? Sounds yummy. The tulips are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful outing with your mom. I've never tasted chocolate bread. That sign is priceless. And aren't we happy we are into late spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great sign!!! We all have weeks (and sometimes months) that are pretty hectic, but eventually life slows down again. Wishing this for you ….

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************