Saturday, November 10, 2018

More Cleanup

My bag of small scrap fabric was overflowing.  I usually work on crumb hexies after finishing a quilt but I hadn't made any since March.  I spent last week piecing a lot of browns, blues, neutrals plus a few brights.  I have 20 new finished hexies with another dozen ready for batting and backing.

I also have another 50 or so 1½ inch HTS.  Turns out, these were great to work on alongside the crumb quilting.  Squaring the crumb fabric resulted in little pieces that were hard to add back in, but were perfect to stitch to the off-white triangles.  I look forward to working on both of these the next time my crumb bag is full - I have plenty more little triangles!

My crumb bag may be empty, but my bags of strings, selvedges and 2-inch squares are filling up.  Googled some ideas - there will be some side projects in the works soon.

3 comments :

  1. That is a great use for little bits and crumb pieces, Sally! Will you be sewing the hexies together or do you use them another way? So curious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh.....the sight of all those little hexies has put a smile in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't those fun? You're making me rethink my current (disposal) treatment of crumbs.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************