Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Strip Twist Colors

The strip twist quilt is coming together.  I finished buying fabric and was pretty sure I had all the right colors.  I changed my mind about a few fabrics after I cut all my strips (why does that happen after I cut everything?!?).  I took out two; added three more.  At this point, I wasn't too sure how they'd all go together.  Would the quilt be too red?  Too yellow?  Oh, that orange!

I forged ahead and stitched the strips together.  At this point, they're beginning to look like the blocks they'll become.  And you know what?  I'm seriously liking the color.  At one point I was going to skip adding the whites - I'm really glad I put them back in.  I knew the colors felt right individually; it's nice to see they all go together, too.  I hope the recipients (if they're reading this) are liking it, too.

This is most of the paired square strips thrown on the floor my design wall to get a feel for how the blocks will look.  I'm hoping to have finished blocks in the next couple of days - those diagonal seams are going slower than anticipated.  I can't wait to start laying out the whole quilt.  Soon!

Sharing with Freemotion by the River's Linky Tuesday.


1 comment :

  1. Nice colors! It's amazing to me that you can look at pieces of fabric and envision how quilts are likely to look when finished!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************