Saturday, November 3, 2018

I'm Nuts

When I made my pair of Homebase quilts, I cut off a lot of corners.  Those corners were just big enough that I couldn't throw them out.  So when I pulled out my scrap bag to work on crumb hexies, I started adding color to these little pieces.  The result so far:  over one hundred 1½ inch half triangle squares.  I'm only about halfway through the bag of off-white corners.

Eek!  Why did I save them??

I chucked any rejects (those that couldn't be squared to 1½ inches) into the crumb fabric I'm making, so no waste there.  Now that I have a pile of these little squares, I certainly can't throw them out.  It will become some future project.  What am I going to do with all those little squares?


4 comments :

  1. Couldn't you sew the pieces together to make cloth coasters? I have seen some in secondhand stores. Adding a piece of plastic inside would perhaps help them to keep moisture off wood surfaces from the glass or container if it "sweats."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will think of something great to do with these tiny squares. My goodness, you are a glutton for punishment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is "Anonymous" again. While at our dollar store, I saw felt fabric mug/cup/aluminum can drink sleeves decorated with sequins. In case you are unfamiliar with drink sleeves, they insulate your cup or water bottle or aluminum can and assist you in gripping it. They are also called coozies/Koozies. You could use connected or separate fabric squares instead of sequins for decoration and attach them them to the felt via sewing or fabric. I think you could also attach the squares to a 2 inch piece of elastic. That idea might work better for gripping the container.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to type ...fabric glue -- attach the squares via fabric glue.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************