Friday, October 2, 2020

October OMG: Braid Borders

It's October already??  I may need to switch gears to Christmas stuff soon.  Maybe start working on my nephew's ornament - I need time to research and sculpt it.  And there's so many sewing projects I want to work on.  What to work on first??

Creekbed is sandwiched and basted; I just need to decide how I want to quilt it.  I suspect that will work itself out this month, because once I figure out how I want to quilt it, I won't be able to put it down.  What I'd really like to do is get the braid quilt off the wall, where it's been hanging all month.  I have batting and backing all set to go - it just needs the borders attached and binding cut.  So my October goal will be to have that ready to be quilted. 

Sharing with Elm Street Quilts - October One Monthly Goal

4 comments :

  1. really pretty Sally. I wondered if on your really curvy quilting, since you were not happy with some distortion, if you want to use a firmer backing, or spray baste. I do not like the idea of spray baste but if you're working with a lot of stretch... Some quilts just require walking foot or more pins, or whatever you are comfortable with to stabilize them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter bought me the braid pattern and ruler. I only just made one little quilt with it, but hope to get my WIP's under control and make a larger one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now.....how on earth did October sneak up on us??!! It sounds as if you are as busy as a bee, Sally. Your Creekbed is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************