Monday, November 9, 2020

Slow Stitching, of Sorts

The braid quilt is plodding along.  I am about a quarter done with the quilting (sans border).  The design is not primarily floral, although I'm adding more of that.  There's leaves and circles, feathers and swirls.  (You might be able to see the stitching if you enlarge the photos.)  I like the flowers I've done so far - I will continue to do more of those. 

I love the thread I'm working with, although it's invisible on the cream fabrics.  The super slider and the new gloves make a huge difference, especially with the large quilt.  It's easier to stitch big patterns.  I still struggle with it, because I can't see the whole area I'm quilting at once.  However, I'm finding I can stitch more of it without having to stop and reposition my hands. 


I've been focusing on stitch length - with some success.  Some are tiny, others are long, but I'm improving little by little. 

 


For the true slow stitching, I'm still plodding along with the hexie quilt.  This is the back, which looks pretty cool.  Not quite halfway done stitching them all together.  I get a little done here and there.  

Sharing with:
Love Laugh Quilt - Monday Making


4 comments :

  1. The larger photo does show the stitches, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the quilting on the dark fabrics. Your quilting is lovely. 'Tis always a good day when my eyes see a hexie or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think your quilting is just amazing, Sally! Kudos to you for continuing to practice so you are happier with your skills. Your braid quilt is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice progress on both, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************