Thursday, August 5, 2021

I Like Thursday: Gardening, Greens, Buns and Birthdays

The likes are short and sweet this week.

My garden is doing great.  This batch of carrots seem to be doing well, and since they're indoors, no one but me should be eating them!  I need to harvest that kale soon.  And my volunteers have produced!  The squash is not nearly ripe, but I didn't want them to grow any larger (and was afraid the woodchuck would take notice).  I picked a cucumber earlier in the week and my tomatoes are starting to turn.  



The buns have been multiplying, too!  I know we have at least two bitty-buns, and there are no fewer than four mini-buns.  The mini-buns are very zippy.  They also like hanging out right by the sunroom door I startled them twice yesterday (they also startled the heck out of me, too!).  They're adorable, as long as they stay away from my vegetables (they seem to be mostly interested in the weeds in the yard).

This shirt arrived in the mail yesterday from a friend - I had to put it on immediately and text her the photo.  It was such a wonderful surprise.  I had a bunch of birthday wishes, some of them from unexpected people.  It's been lovely.

Ice cream for dinner last night at our local creamee.  Not quite the elegant dinner we had planned to celebrate both our birthdays, but it was delicious.

Road trip to a family baby shower on Sunday.  It was another log drive, but that meant quality time with my sister for the trip out and back, as well as a chance to catch up with family events.

That's it for this week!  More likes over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Enjoy!



10 comments :

  1. I love, love, love that T-shirt! What do you enjoy reading? Nice produce! I'm still waiting for my zucchini to produce. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great likes! How nice to get a surprise shirt so appropriate for you and fun too. The baby rabbits are very cute if you can catch a photo. I have a young woodchuck too. Happy Belated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirt is definitely perfect! Glad you're getting some good stuff from your garden, too - there's nothing better than homegrown produce. Happy Birthday! Enjoy that time with your sister, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitty-buns and mini-buns - hysterical! That shirt is perfect for you! Glad you are harvesting some produce ... I will be making zucchini bread tomorrow since a friend gave me a MASSIVE zucchini! Happy belated birthday, and enjoy the shower this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your t-shirt! I don't have any bunnies around here. You must have them all! Happy Birthday to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shirt. I have been harvesting cukes and zucchini that are mammoth thanks to too much work, inattention, and a lot of rain. The cukes were meant for the pigs anyway and the zucchini was shredded and put in the freezer for bread later. Happy Birthday and ice cream for dinner sounds fabulous to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. growing carrots inside is brilliant. LOVE the shirt too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday wishes (mine is tomorrow, we are Leos) and I just love that wonderful t-shirt, how kind and thoughtful of your friend. The veg are doing well as long as the buns keep away.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************