Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Changing Colors

The light on the design wall is not great for photographs.  It looks better in person. Regardless, I am liking the movement in color from the very dark.

I am deviating from the pattern more and more.  I'm changing some of the colors on each block.  Moving the quilt to the wall was a great help, because I can see where each block is going when I make it.  The blocks will likely shift for the final layout, but this allows me to tinker with the color distribution as I sew each block.

As usual, each quilt takes on a life of its own.  This one is really starting to take shape.  Yay!

5 comments :

  1. It is fun to look at, the way my eyes dance about the colors and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you are having fun with your "tinkering". Enjoy your playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea to move from the darker to the lighter colors! This one is really developing an interesting look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed he beginning of this project, but I like where it's headed! There's so much colour and movement here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good with experimenting with color. I love the way it's looking now, with it moving from very dark to light as you work up from the bottom right. I'm looking forward to seeing your final layout.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************