Monday, December 12, 2022

Another Pig Swap

Foster Mark has left the building.  A quick recap:  my write up of Mark's holiday photos made drew the attention of Dakin's media relations person.  Rob stepped into his guinea pig taxi role and delivered Mark to star on WWLP Mass Appeal's pet of the week on Thursday afternoon.  Door-to-door service and his own personal handler - what a star!

I had no idea Mark would be quite that active.  Or talkative.  And 24 hours later I got the call that he was adopted.  It was sad to see Mark go; he was a fun piggy.  I hope his new owners love him as much as I did!

The morning routine with Mark was so much fun.  I tried to capture it (I'm getting a second light for the cage, which should make future videos a bit more clear).  Mark would pretty much do this the entire time I cleaned the fleece. 





We didn't leave Dakin empty handed!  We came home with the Cheeses:  Provolone and Bleu.  These two are as timid as Mark was bold.  They're still debating whether I'm going to eat them.  They're certainly cute enough to gobble up! 

 


3 comments :

  1. Good for Mark! I hope his new owners love him! Cute names for the new guys, too - it will be fun to see how they open up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark will be missed
    The Cheeses have a tough act to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing Mark all the best, and I'm glad you aren't empty-nesting :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************