Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Blogiversary #12

A dozen years of blogging.  I had no idea when I started a blog I'd still be at it this long.  I'm still enjoying writing and sharing some of the fun things in life. 


I did a bunch of quilting early in the year (which will show up in its own post on Saturday).  Only a handful of foster guinea pigs - far less than last year!  We took the summer off from fostering while the kitchen was remodeled.  But one of our fosters, Mark, was a TV star!  

The kitchen and the pandemic interfered with my cooking portion of this blog as well.  I'm still figuring out where everything belongs in the kitchen, but it has been nice to bake again.  I'm looking forward to trying out some of the oh-so-many recipes I have bookmarked.

Dancing started up this summer and it's been wonderful to see old familiar faces and share the joy of kicking up our heels.  I've slowly been getting together again with friends. 

Fingers crossed for 2023:  I'd love to blog about lots of quilting projects, my garden, Chick Events, fun fosters and cooking in the new kitchen.  Thank you all who read and comment on my blog.  


7 comments :

  1. wow, time marches on, or sneaks by, or quietly the days pass and suddenly you're aware of how long you've been blogging. So glad you are, and it would be a dream for me to be able to dance again safely. congrats and Mark is a tv star for sure
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary!
    Your photos look good on Mark's TV spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on blogging for so long! I enjoy reading about all of your quilt projects and adventures. So glad you're figuring out that pretty new kitchen, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! Yours is one blog that I never stopped following during my own unexpect hiatus. I love reading about your many adventures, at home and "at sea." Here's to 2023, and lots of cooking in that beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary to you, Sally! There is always such a mix of fun things to see and read when I visit you. I must say I am always enthralled with the quilts you imagine. I am still amazed with the one you made for your sister a few years back. Happy 2023 to you. May it be filled with oodles of dancing, baking, quilting, sweet little guinea pigs......and whatever else you turn your hand to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary. I started blogging way way back on AOL, there format was very basic. Then I switched to 2 or 3 other platforms, and as they went by the wayside, made my way to blogger, which was August of 2005....until I read your post I had no idea I'd been doing this 17 years. Holly Cow. Thanks for making me look it up. Glad your kitchen is done and you'll be able to get back to doing more of things you enjoy. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with Friends and Family. Stay warm, and healthy.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know you could blog on AOL. I started on webs, I think, before blogger.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************