Thursday, December 15, 2022

I Like Thursday: Giving and Getting Goodies

Wow, I am such a sucker for alliteration.  

Lots of good stuff this week.  Our guinea pig foster, Mark, was adopted after his TV spot (see more about that here).  When we dropped Mark off at Dakin, we picked up two more guinea pigs.  It was also an excuse to stop at Ceratto's.  Rob had bemoaned that he didn't pick up any marzipan on his last trip.  Just look at them!  Yes, even that mini cannoli is marzipan.  Check out the glitter on that plum.  Crazy.

Our newest fosters, the Cheeses (Bleu and Provolone), have been settling in.  We have zoomies at night and they've just started to wheek when I'm in the kitchen.  They're still terribly shy, but it's progress.

 

I have finally finished quilting the Sea Glass quilt.  Yay!  Binding should be all done by the end of the week.

I've been focused on clearing out the sewing room.  The Shiplapped quilt had been listed on Etsy for years and I wanted it off my wall and in someone's hands.  I also had a sweatshirt that my sister had silkscreened that I had been unable to sell.  Last week my employer had asked for Christmas gift donations to give to hospital patients.  I boxed these up and sent them along knowing they're for a good cause (and will hopefully be loved). 

 


I had a few days off this week, which was lovely!  I planned to work on Christmas presents and run some errands.  Monday was upended, though, for a late-scheduled trip to Foxboro.  I met up with some coworkers for dinner; it was great to see them (especially my old buddies).  I didn't want to do all that driving just for dinner, so I added a stop over on the way out:  a hike with a friend.  It was beautiful day to be out and there was fresh snow, which made for a pretty walk in the woods.

At one point we strayed off the trail to hike up a hill.  It was an open field with trees and a wall at the top.  This was not the typical New England stone wall that usually meanders through the woods and fields.  This consisted of two parallel walls about three feet apart filled with smaller stones.  Impressive.


We also came across two of these Kindness trees in the woods.  This one had a bucket underneath filled with a few puzzles and other toys.  There were ornaments and tags on tree limbs that had suggestions for kind acts, such holding the door open for other or giving encouragement (I wish the photo was a bit clearer to read).  It was a fun thing to find in the middle of the woods.

Obviously not the quiet at-home Monday I had planned, but certainly worth the trip.

We went to see the Naumkeag lights last night - there will be photos later!  Joining up with LeeAnna's I Like Thursday.  I hope you're having a great week.



8 comments :

  1. That plate of treats looks yummy! Although I'm sorry the quilt didn't sell, it's so nice of you to donate it. I'd like to find more local places to donate quilts around here. Love the giving tree in the woods - what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plum with the glitter is amazing! The hike in the woods, so beautiful. Too bad about the quilt, but I'm sure it will bring someone joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the kindness tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally - I joined in I Like Thursday today! Ooh, I like marzipan ... might have to go out and find some. I am (kinda) happy that Mark got adopted - your photos/TV spot worked the magic. Looking forward to photos of the Cheeses. That kindness tree is such a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That marzipan is unbelievable! And what a generous gifter you are...that quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had marzipan in ages and yours look so good! You had such a fun day on Monday. I hope your new fosters settle down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have such interesting outings, I am envious. Thanks for sharing those neat things you saw. How nice Mark is adopted and now two little ones are in your wonderful care for awhile. My daughter uses marzipan on some of her cakes. I like it. That quilt is gorgeous, I'm sure it will be much loved!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************