Thursday, February 8, 2018

I Like Thursday: Lovely

I can tell that life is encroaching on my free time by the number of blog posts I publish (not many) and ones I have partially written (a few).  It's not a bad thing - but I feel a little out of control.  Plenty of happy stuff going on.

I can't believe it's been three years since I did my first Blind Date with a Book.  This time I pulled a book of ghost stories, named The Small Hand and Dolly.  I haven't gotten too far - I had to finish up the other book I was reading (a great series called The Broken Earth).  I like the prose; We'll see how the story unfolds.  So far so good!

I like my mom doing a happy dance.  I wish I had taken photos.  I handed over Sunshine to her on Saturday and she was just. so. excited.  OMG, that was fun.







I've said before, I like baking.  I had a bake-a-thon on Sunday afternoon.  Whew!  Pictured are the little squash pies, date bars, and peanut butter sandwich cookies.  I also made granola, roasted cauliflower, cooked up some chickpeas.  It's been hard not to inhale all of those cookies.


I like that I've finally started my next quilt.  I've had the fabric since November.  I had to dig out my notes to recall what I am doing.  These are test blocks - trying some of the fabric we least liked to see how it looks.  They'll be disappearing nine-patch blocks.  I have these two cut apart and restitched - I'm hoping to take photos in the sunshine to get a better feel for the colors.

Those are my likes for the week.  There's more good things over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Enjoy!


8 comments :

  1. Hi Sally,
    What?!! No picture of Mom with her new quilt?!! You have to share one next time - I can imagine the happy dance though. Doesn't that just warm your heart so much, knowing how excited she was. She is covered in your love in every stitch. Yum, yum, yum - all that baking looks delicious. I love to bake too but don't do it often. Maybe once Dominic gets a little older - I'll work with him and send stuff home for them to eat instead of us. Oooooh, I can't wait to see your disappearing nine-patch blocks. I have that pattern on my short list to make this year - soon, I hope. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you lived closer and could supply me with some of those goodies! How do you stay so slim? I've not done a disappearing 9patch but want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the lack of other blog posts. It's only thanks to LeeAnna and the I likes that I get anything posted anymore ever. And I'll send your like of the broken earth series! I read the first two last year and keep meaning to get back to the rest! I thought they were really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Blind Date with a Book idea sounds fascinating - I wonder if my library is doing that! I never lack for books to read, though - I am always putting them on hold and then have to run down to the library to pick one up. Yummy looking goodies - I think you balanced the sweets out with your roasted cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...productive time in the kitchen. My hubby would love those date bars! Glad you are enjoying your reading...I seem to be getting lazier and listening to books more and more. I’ve never done a disappearing 9 patch...watched a few videos of it and would like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous quilt Sunshine is! Enjoyed your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a lot of baking. I must say it all looks delicious. Wish oh wish you took a photo of your mum's joy upon receiving her beautiful quilt. I can just imagine her face when she looked upon it. Your disappearing 9 patch looks great. I look forward to seeing the blocks all stitched together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of a Blind Date with a Book seems ages since I have had time to read, stitching in the evening has taken over. Wonderful day of baking.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************